Players can harvest Ore using a Pickaxe. To lessen the strain of mining, players can use Smart Harvest by double-clicking a Pickaxe, then targeting themselves to search all nearby nodes. There is a random chance to harvest colored ore if the player meets the material's skill requirement.
Please note that mining within town regions will yield 50% less ore.
Base chances for players to discover colored ores are as follows:
- Regular Ore: 82%
- Dull Copper Ore: 4.0%
- Shadow Iron Ore: 3.5%
- Copper Ore: 3.0.%
- Bronze Ore: 2.5%
- Gold Ore: 2.0%
- Agapite Ore: 1.5%
- Verite Ore: 1.0%
- Valorite Ore: 0.5%
- Avarite Ore: 0.25%
"Every swing, not node, you have a chance to get colored ore. The colored pickaxe increases your chance. The avarite, if exceptional and master crafted,
would give you the highest possible chance for colored ore at your level, as it also helps determine colored chance."
AreYouKidden - Forum Post on Mining Success Chance
Harvesting Colored Ore
Players using exceptional and colored material pickaxes will receive a Tool Bonus to their harvesting success chances as follows (with all applicable bonuses stacking):
- Exceptional Quality Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Master Crafted Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Dull Copper Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.02
- Shadow Iron Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.04
- Copper Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.06
- Bronze Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.08
- Gold Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.10
- Agapite Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.12
- Verite Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.14
- Valorite Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.16
- Avarite Pickaxe Tool Bonus: 0.18
- Players may double-click Ore if they are within 2 tiles of a forge to smelt into Ingots
- Players may double-click Ore that is on a Pack Animal if they are within 2 tiles of a forge to smelt it
- When using Ore Maps, search radius is increased by (100% * (Mining Skill / 100))
- When attacking with a macing weapon, add Base Weapon Damage * (25% * (Mining Skill / 100)) damage per hit.
- When attacking with a macing weapon, add Base Weapon Damage * (10% * (Mining Skill / 100)) damage per hit.
Raising past GM
Only mining colored ore will give players a chance for skill gain past the GM level. The player must also have a skill cap above GM.