The Virtues have been a long running theme within the Ultima universes, usually manifesting in quests, Companions, weapons, armor, cities, philosophies and other areas of the various games. In the Outlands, there are 8 Shrines of Virtue: Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Justice, Sacrifice, Spirituality, and Valor. Oftentimes the Virtues are attacked and must to be repelled, which brings us to the Corrupted Shrines system...
What Happens at a Corrupted Shrine?
- Once per day, at a randomized time, one Virtue Shrine in the world will become Corrupted
- Corrupted Shrines have unique graphics and will feature 20 sequential waves of increasingly difficult creatures spawn nearby
- A progress bar will appear near a Corrupted Shrine indicating which wave the Corruption is currently on
- When all 20 waves of creatures have been defeated, a randomized Shrine Boss will spawn
- When the Shrine Boss is defeated, it will not have standard loot on its corpse, but instead have Ankh Tokens
What are Ankh Tokens?
- Ankh Tokens are a sort of "lootbox" in that the reward is random and can range from Gold to high-end items
- Double-click an Ankh Token to receive a reward
- Ankh Tokens can be looted and stolen from players
- Ankh Tokens weigh .1 stones each
How do I Earn Ankh Tokens?
- Each individual wave of a Shrine Corruption is worth a predetermined number of Ankh Tokens that players can "bank"
- Wave Ankh Token amounts range from 2.5 to 7.5 (increasing with wave difficulty)
- 100 Ankh Tokens are available from all waves combined
- The Shrine Boss is worth 50 Ankh Tokens (making 150 Ankh Tokens possible for each Shrine Corruption)
- After the Shrine Boss is slain, banked Ankh Tokens for players will be distributed as normal with decimal amounts rounded
- Players can double-click the corpse of the Shrine Boss to place all their bound Ankh Tokens on the corpse into their backpack