- Maximum mana regen rate possible is 1 mana restored every 0.5 seconds
- Minimum mana regen rate possible is 1 mana restored every 8 seconds
- Baseline mana regen rate is 1 mana restored every 2 seconds
- Mana regen rate is increased by (100% * (Meditation skill / 100))
- Mana regen rate is increased by (100% if player is actively meditating)
- Mana regen rate is penalized by (2% * (player's Total Armor Meditation Penalty))
- A player's Total Armor Meditation Penalty is equal to the combined Meditation Penalties of all armor worn
- Each piece of armor a player wears has an Meditation Penalty equal to it's (Armor Location Penalty * Armor Material Penalty)
Armor Location Penalty
- Shield: 35% Penalty
- Chest: 35% Penalty
- Legs: 22% Penalty
- Arms: 15% Penalty
- Helmet: 14% Penalty
- Gloves: 7% Penalty
- Gorget: 7% Penalty
Armor Material Penalty
0% Penalty Wearing No Armor, or Leather Armor, or a Buckler, or a Wooden Shield
20% Penalty Studded Armor or Wooden Kite Shield
40% Penalty Bone Armor or Metal Shield
60% Penalty Ringmail Armor or Bronze Shield
80% Penalty Chainmail Armor or Metal Kite Shield
100% Penalty Platemail Armor, Heater Shield, or Chaos/Order Shield
For example:a player wearing a suit of all studded leather but with a platemail gorget would have:
(.35 * .20) + (.22 * .20) + (.15 * .20) + (.14 * .20) + (.07 * .20) + (.07 * 1.0)) = 25.6% Total Armor Penalty.
Which would result in a (2 * 25.6%) = -51.2% effect on their Mana Regen rate.
- Up to 50.0 skill can be trained by a NPC mage or scribe vendor.
- Skill gains for Meditation up to 70.0 are accelerated in the New Player Dungeon.
- Meditation gain chance is better when actively used.
- Meditation gains passively when the player's mana is below their max mana.