- The Camping skill allows players to create a campfire lasting ten minutes that provides a buff to yourself and others nearby
- The Camping skill increases a player's backpack maximum weight capacity and item count
- With the World Atlas and Camping skill, players can "fast travel" to certain locations based on their skill but they must first be "Unlocked"
- Players can "Unlock" locations by creating a campfire and securing it (waiting the required time needed) within 10 tiles of the Atlas book's listed spot for the location
- Unlocking locations is done on a per character-basis (not stored account-wise)
- Hiking to a location sends the player to randomized location in a 5 tile radius of the Atlas entry location
- The Camping skill increases a player's backpack maximum weight capacity by (200 stones * (Camping Skill / 100))
- It also increases a player's backpack maximum item count allowed by (50 * (Camping Skill / 100))
- Campfires made by players now take (60 seconds - (45 seconds * (Camping Skill / 100))) seconds to secure, based on the camping skill of the campfire creator
- Camping buff durations last for 3 hours. Patch Notes 20191003
Players can now "Hike" to travel to destinations that can be found within the Atlas Book, based on their Camping skill.
- At 60 Camping Skill players may Hike to Cities, Moongates, and Healer Caravans
- At 80 Camping Skill players may Hike to Dungeons and Subterranean areas
- At 100 Camping Skill players may Hike to Shrines and Points of Interest
- At 120 Camping Skill players may Hike to their own Homes and Guildhouses
When a player hikes to an Atlas Book destination, they are frozen in place for 5 seconds before being sent to their destination. Players begin with 3 Custom Location entries. Players can unlock 2 additional Custom Location Entries (for all characters on their account) by purchasing the Drifter Player Enhancement. Players can also unlock 4 additional Custom Locations Entries (for all characters on their account) by purchasing the Wayfarer Player Enhancement.
In order to hike to a destination:
- The player must select the "Hike to Location" button in the Atlas Book entry for the destination
- The player must be at a secure campfire site
- The player must not have been in combat of any type within 30 seconds
- The player must not have been in combat with any player within 2 minutes
- Players can double-click bedrolls from their backpack to place it at their feet.
- Players can instantly log out using a bedroll.
- Players may no longer use bedrolls to log out inside dungeons Patched 20190428
- Players can increase the amount of custom hiking locations they can mark using the help menu under Player_Customizations#Enhancements