- The Camping skill allows players to create a campfire that provides a buff to yourself and others nearby
- The Camping skill increases a player's backpack maximum weight capacity and item count
- With the World Atlas and Camping skill, players can "fast travel" to certain locations based on their skill but they must first be "Unlocked"
- Players can "Unlock" locations by creating a campfire and securing it (waiting the required time needed) within 10 tiles of the Atlas book's listed spot for the location
- Unlocking locations is done on a per character-basis (not stored account-wise)
- Hiking to a location sends the player to randomized location in a 5 tile radius of the Atlas entry location
- The Camping skill increases a player's backpack maximum weight capacity by (200 stones * (Camping Skill / 100))
- It also increases a player's backpack maximum item count allowed by (50 * (Camping Skill / 100))
- Campfires made by players now take (60 seconds - (45 seconds * (Camping Skill / 100))) seconds to secure, based on the camping skill of the campfire creator
Players can now "Hike" to travel to destinations that can be found within the Atlas Book, based on their Camping skill.
- At 60 Camping Skill players may Hike to Cities, Moongates, and Healer Caravans
- At 80 Camping Skill players may Hike to Dungeons and Subterranean areas
- At 100 Camping Skill players may Hike to Shrines and Points of Interest
- At 120 Camping Skill players may Hike to their own Homes and Guildhouses
When a player hikes to an Atlas Book destination, they are frozen in place for 5 seconds before being sent to their destination. Players begin with 3 Custom Location entries. Players can unlock 2 additional Custom Location Entries (for all characters on their account) by purchasing the Drifter Player Enhancement. Players can also unlock 4 additional Custom Locations Entries (for all characters on their account) by purchasing the Wayfarer Player Enhancement.
In order to hike to a destination:
- The player must select the "Hike to Location" button in the Atlas Book entry for the destination
- The player must be at a secure campfire site
- The player must not have been in combat of any type within 30 seconds
- The player must not have been in combat with any player within 2 minutes
- Players can double-click bedrolls from their backpack to place it at their feet
- Players can instantly log out using a Bedroll
- Players can increase the amount of custom hiking locations they can mark using the help menu under Player_Customizations#Enhancements
Camping can be gained through both active and passive use. Kindling is required to train camping.
Kindling can be obtained by using a blade on a tree or through the Carpentry skill.
Up to 50.0 skill can be trained by a NPC ? vendor.
Skill gains for Camping up to 70.0 are accelerated in the New Player Dungeon.
50-100 Use Kindling until you succeed in making a campfire. Stand by the campfire and repeat if it burns out.